Loading Status
play.vulcanmc.net

Denied Skydiving's Staff Application (SEASON 1)

Skydiving

Reactions
2 0 0
Part A:
Q1)
What is your IGN?
My current in-game username is Skydiving. Nickname is "Skydov" on the server.

Q2) What is your Discord IGN (with tag)?
My discord name is Skydiving#4637.

Q3) How old are you?
I am 19 years of age.

Q4) What timezone are you in?
I currently reside in Eastern Standard Timezone (EST).

Q5) Do you have a working mic?
Yes, I do.

Q6) How long have you been a part of our server?
I been apart of VulcanMC since the first day it was released to the public.

Part B:
Q7) Are you currently staff on any other servers?

No, I am not.

Q8) Do you have any previous staffing experience, if so, what?
Yes, this is my follow staff experience:
GammaMC [Owner] 100-300+ Players
SlabCraft [Admin] 150+ Players (I also coded here and there for them, did some console work.)
NobleCraft [Mod] 30+ Players (Use to have 60+ daily)
PlotsMC [Mod] 60+ Players
Vyzon [Admin] 10+ Players (Use to have 100+ daily)
NightCraft [Manager] 50+ Players
The-Ingot [Owner] 20-100+ Players.
Dream-MC [Owner] 300-500+ Players.
MineHeroes [Admin/Owner for a short time] 1000+ Players.
ParallaxMC [Owner] 40-60 Players.
DaedricMC [Owner] 100 Players.
Atlantic Network [Owner] 50+ Players.
Asgard [Owner] 10-20 Players.
SkyRoyale [Owner] 30 Players.

I owned these networks between the years 2014-2018.
A lot of times I had to change my username / ID.

Achieverr, CptAmerica, Aigar, Skydiving.
I changed due to the fact I wanted a new name at times and it cleared my rep. But no sense in hiding my OLD identities as everyone knows them, well most know.

Q9) How many hours can you contribute per day?
I probably can do 1-3 hours of moderating depending on the day and what I have to do in my real life.

Q10) Have you had any punishments while playing on VulcanMC? If so, when and what were they?
No, I have never been punished on VulcanMC.

Q11) Why do you want to become a Trainee on VulcanMC?
I personally believe I would be a great a fit to the VulcanMC staff team do to the fact I have experience in all fields of a server. From moderating/helping, to hosting events, to setting up back end systems, to configuring files and making updates to servers. As well being a staff manager / community manager.

I believe I could make a very good staff member due to my previous experiences. I want this job at VulcanMC because I love to play skyblock but I know my job as a Staff Member isn't about playing. It's about the members and if they need help or if a member is swearing/hacking or something. I want to be on the case till the very end. I will make sure that other staff will be careful of this person if I have to go or if I need backup help. I know I can make a big difference in Vulcan I see a lot of players that sometimes need help. So becoming a staff member, possibly I can help more players and give them quicker response. I also believe you should choose me as a staff member on VulcanMC because I have a lot of experience with being staff in the past. I also have ways to connect a lot to members and I hear them out. I also make sure to use grammar like 24/7 I may have some spelling errors/errors but I try to correct them. I also believe you should choose me because I am a hard working person I also am trustworthy. I believe this is all true because I have worked with members before on other servers and people believe I connected with them. I also never give up and if something is wrong I want to make sure I can help a fellow player out.

Q12) Why do you stand out to other applicants?
I personally owned big block game networks with over 50+ players. The highest being at 300+. But personally this doesn't make me stand out as anyone can do this. I stand out due to the fact I go and chase after anything. I own a clothing brand so I know ins and outs of creating a business and being professional. I been in the MC community since 2013. I been working on servers since 2014. I respond very fast, I am very active, and I am always friendly to those.

Part C- Scenarios:
Q13) You are on the server and the only staff member online, multiple players begin disrespecting each other, swearing and insulting each others mothers, how do you defuse the situation?

I would first start of by warning them and state that they need to be more respectful to each other. If they did not stop, I would than go to a mute if it was not defused. But to defuse this situation I would private message both of them and see if I can work with them and find out what's wrong. And make it come to an agreement.

Q14) A player calls you a trash, useless and a stupid staff member, how would you react to this?
I would probably be very respectful and use the tactic of agreeing with the user and than work with them to find out what their issue is with me in PMs. Hopefully coming to an agreement and personally for myself finding out what I may need to improve on.

Q15) Your best mate has just come on to Vulcan using a hacked client. They jump down into PVP and start using Kill Aura. You have evidence of them hacking, but they are your best mate. What will you do?
I wouldn't care if they are best mate, I would get them punished right away and submit my proof of them hacking.

Part D- Agreements:
A1) During your application process, if you ask a staff member about your application, it will result in an automatic denial. Do you agree to this?

Yes, I do.

A2) If your application gets denied, you are not to argue with the decision made by staff, and instead you should take it upon yourself to improve the areas you failed/lacked in. If you do argue with the staff decision, we will refuse to consider any of your future applications. Do you agree to this?
Yes, I do agree to this.

A3) If you fail the One week Trainee period, or you get demoted at any point during your staff time, you shall not argue with the staff decision, and if you do it will lead to a refusal to consider any future applications. Do you agree to this?
Yes, I understand and will not.

A4) If your application is denied, you must wait until the next application season before applying again. Do you agree to this?
Yes, this is very clear.

Last edited:

astronomized

Hubble Admirer
Admin
astronomized
astronomized
Reactions
23 0 0
Thank you for applying for the Trainee position at VulcanMC! I've read your application, and here is my honest review. First, let's discuss the bulk of the application, the content. You could have included more detail in certain sections, like Section C, but the rest was decent. In questions 11 and 12, the detail within those two responses is quite similar, but I will let it pass, as you more than make up for it in what I will explain in the following section.

Next, let's look over one of the most important things that make an application clean and professional, and that is the format. This is one of the many big features that the reviewer will be looking for when he/she evaluates the application. In your application, the format is near perfect, and I appreciate that you decided to color code it. Because of this, it flows from the section title, down to the responses for all of the subsequent questions.

Lastly, and something that I cannot give a valuable response to, is experience. From what I am seeing in your application, you have more than enough experience for the position you are applying for. I haven't played on the servers you mentioned, so there isn't much else to say in this regard.

In conclusion, your application is clean, designed in an efficient way, and is easy to read. As for the negatives, it could use more detail, especially in the section that includes scenario questions. All in all, an awesome application. Great work and good luck!

- astronomized

7/10

Skydiving

Reactions
2 0 0
Thank you for applying for the Trainee position at VulcanMC! I've read your application, and here is my honest review. First, let's discuss the bulk of the application, the content. You could have included more detail in certain sections, like Section C, but the rest was decent. In questions 11 and 12, the detail within those two responses is quite similar, but I will let it pass, as you more than make up for it in what I will explain in the following section.

Next, let's look over one of the most important things that make an application clean and professional, and that is the format. This is one of the many big features that the reviewer will be looking for when he/she evaluates the application. In your application, the format is near perfect, and I appreciate that you decided to color code it. Because of this, it flows from the section title, down to the responses for all of the subsequent questions.

Lastly, and something that I cannot give a valuable response to, is experience. From what I am seeing in your application, you have more than enough experience for the position you are applying for. I haven't played on the servers you mentioned, so there isn't much else to say in this regard.

In conclusion, your application is clean, designed in an efficient way, and is easy to read. As for the negatives, it could use more detail, especially in the section that includes scenario questions. All in all, an awesome application. Great work and good luck!

- astronomized

7/10
Thank you so much. <3

Reactions
6 0 1
Looks like a really good application. You seem mature, experienced, and overall fit for the job. Based on your past experiences it seems that you would fit the role of a staff member quite well. I wish you nothing but the best luck on your application. :)
-Miner

Skydiving

Reactions
2 0 0
+1 Have seen your work.

Although you could add more detail into your answers.

Have a good day.

Ballistic.
You should still make sure to take in the advice and improve your application where you see fit, they might know, but others may not. ?
Looks like a really good application. You seem mature, experienced, and overall fit for the job. Based on your past experiences it seems that you would fit the role of a staff member quite well. I wish you nothing but the best luck on your application. :)
-Miner
I took some feedback and added more detail to certain areas and cleaned up my staff experience. Add more moderating jobs.

Reactions
35 0 1
Hey Skydiving. After reviewing your application, I have had to deny it as you have not met one of our requirements. On Vulcan we strictly enforce the rule to all staff that they should not have commitments to other networks staff related, and after doing some research I have found you do (Ownership included I'm afraid). Your actual application, as expected, was brilliant and ticked every box in what we look for in candidates. We just have to assure all staff are able to dedicate as much time as possible to Vulcan, and not have commitments on other MC networks. Sorry it couldn't work out this time!

Oli