ChipsPlayz
Reactions
6 0 0
Hello! Here is my application for VulcanMC's Staff Team:
Hope you enjoy! :)

Part A

Q1) What is your IGN?
My IGN is ChipsPlayz.

Q2) What is your Discord IGN (with tag)?
My Discord Username is ChipsPlayz#8026.

Q3) How old are you?
I am 14 years old.

Q4) What timezone are you in?
I live in California, USA, so my time zone is PST (GMT -8).

Q5) Do you have a working mic?
Yes, I have a working microphone.

Q6) How long have you been a part of our server?
I have been a part of the server for almost three months. I joined the Discord in early November of 2018. I was on the server for the day of release as well.

Part B

Q7) Are you currently staff on any other servers?
Yes, I do work for a Discord server, but I will resign from there if I was to be accepted to the VulcanMC staff program.

Q8) Do you have any previous staffing experience, if so, what?
I have plenty of staff experience under my belt. Four of my experiences are listed below:

#1 TheSquadMC: November 2018
I was a Chat Moderator on TheSquadMC for around a month before the network shut down. The server expected around 300 to 500 unique players daily, and the Discord server had almost 30,000 members. The server reached over 1000 players online when Unspeakable streamed on the network. I had to actively moderate the chat during these intense times as well as resolve all support questions along with other members of the staff team on the Discord server. I also moderated the forums, stopping post farmers and redirecting users to proper sub forums for support or general discussion. The server consisted of three different game modes: Skyblock, Prisons, and Factions. Since TheSquadMC had Skyblock, I am well rounded at knowing the mechanics of the game mode and have no trouble assisting players on Vulcanâs Skyblock server as well. During my time there, I learned the fundamentals of staffing on large scale networks. I am now SocialSpy trained and know how to properly refer to staff sheets, permissions, and more. I still have close ties to former owners, managers, developers, and other staff of the server who used to be my colleagues.

#2 TacoShack Support Discord Server: November 2018 - February 2019
I am currently working for a Bot Support Discord for the Discord Bot TacoShack. TacoShack strives to create the best indie economy bot ever with plenty of taco themed events, challenges, games, and more! I have dealt with Discord server attacks / flooding while working there. I am a Member of the Support Team, so I know everything about the bot in order to help players. The server has over 1000 members on the server, who are all constantly being assisted by the staff team.

#3 TTPVP: November - December 2018
I was an Administrator on another indie Minecraft server called TTPVP. The server had a small player base, but we were a very tight community of players that got to know each other very well during the life of the network. The server was founded in May of 2018, and had four game modes: SMP, Kits, Bedwars, and Prisons. The Discord server had over 200 members before the network shut down. Iâm still closely affiliated with the server staff.

#4 TheHuntersMC: October - December 2018
I used to be a staff member on a skyblock server called TheHuntersMC, where I punished members via discord and on the server as well as build spawn and actively support the community there. I moved all the way up through the ranks ranging from trainee all the way to Plugin Manager / Lead Developer (one rank below owner). I resigned due to some toxicity between owners to staff. One owner tended to have a temper and another a bad mouth which was hard to work with. Later on, I came back to the team when a new owner joined the ranks. I thought this was going to be a positive change to the server, but I was very mistaken. Even more complications persisted, which is why the network still hasnât finalized testing and development. Currently, the server is still working on their official release, and they are doing their best to open up a KitPvP Gamemode. I am no longer affiliated with this network in any way.

Q9) How many hours can you contribute per day?
Overall, I can contribute an average of 3 hours a day. This time may fluctuate slightly if I have events in my personal life that take hold of my schedule unexpectedly. Management will be made aware if they are in need to cover for me. Below is a schedule of how often I can play. Note that these are approximate amounts:

Monday: ~ 2 hours
Tuesday: ~ 2 hours
Wednesday: ~ 2 hours
Thursday: ~ 2 hours
Friday: ~ 5 hours
Saturday: ~ 5 hours
Sunday: ~ 5 hours

My weekdays are significantly less in time due to my insane school schedule. I am known for my quality over quantity during those days. Every situation that arises during that time will be covered by myself. I will be available on the Discord for around 3+ hours daily whether it is on my phone or on PC while online the server. I have access to Discord practically anywhere, so I will be solving as many support issues as possible. I also have access to the forums anywhere as well. These two platforms are more accessible than the server, so I can always be on call for situations.

Since this application exceeds the 10,000 character limit, Some of Parts B, C, and D are posted as the first comment of this thread.

Last edited:

ChipsPlayz

ChipsPlayz
ChipsPlayz
Reactions
6 0 0
Continued from Part B:

Q10) Have you had any punishments while playing on VulcanMC? If so, when and what were they?
I have never been punished on VulcanMC.

Q11) Why do you want to become a Trainee on VulcanMC?
I would love to become a Trainee because I praise the community that has introduced me to the world of gaming, and I would love to give back to this encouraging atmosphere that has been created. Many of the players on this server came from the first larger network I have played and staffed on in the past. If this community never existed, I would of never been introduced to Minecraft in this way, and what was given to me should be given to other new players as well. The way the community assisted me is how I would like to assist others; kind, quick replying, and understanding. There are multiple current staff members on VulcanMC that I have worked with in the past, and I would really love to work with them again in the future, while also getting to know them a little bit more. The community that has taken me in so well should have the best playing space possible, and that is my ultimate goal if I was to become a Trainee.

Q12) Why do you stand out to other applicants?
I stand out to other applicants due to my experience, maturity, and love for the network. Four of my several experiences were listed above, all shaping me into a well rounded, experienced staff member. Although I have worked at primarily smaller networks, I have still learned so much from them, and this experience is able to prepare me for a position at VulcanMC. I am also a well known member of the community since I play on the server a lot on my free time already, and most of the veteran players who play every day have known who I am and have respected me for a long time. Players who knew me from the previous networks I have staffed on were comfortable around me and asking questions, because they knew I was going to answer in a proper and mature way, but also because I was a player like them as well; they knew that I have been what they have been through since I have been a regular player for almost three months before applying here at Vulcan. Some staff members join for solely the staffing experience, but I have applied for the joy in helping others. When I have fully acquainted myself with a server, the least I can do is give back. When staff are not online, I have already been able to help with some minor support issues, but I know when to step back when staff arrive, making their job easier. I am also very creative in other ways that most staff may not tend to be. This doesn’t mean that current staff are not creative; it just means I think differently. I have a very diverse personal curriculum where I attend school. Going to an arts school means I receive unique education that can tend to be more challenging and make one think in more than just the simple way out. It allows for stronger aspects of collaboration, teamwork, problem solving, and tolerance of people who share their interests and beliefs in many ways never thought of. I am able to bring this to the staffing world because what I study at my school (opera) has been a thing I have been interested in all my life. In a way, I was training for this experience my entire life up to now, because the unique life skills I have learned can be taken and utilized anywhere, like an imaginary toolbox. I already have a tight connection with some staff, both experienced and new to the team due to my activity in discord and on the server. I can assist higher staff with backbreaking and tiresome duties if need be. I also love creating events and assisting in community interactions such as spleef, mazes, and more if a situation as such may arise.

Part C- Scenarios

Q13) When you are on the server and the only staff member online, multiple players begin disrespecting each other, swearing and insulting each others mothers, how do you defuse the situation?
These situations happen more often than necessary, but every one of them requires a set of steps. If it was just a spark of a light argument, a verbal warning would be given to every player involved. The players are to be informed that that kind of behavior isn’t tolerated on VulcanMC, and doing that again as such may result in a punishment. Unfortunately, this is not the case, as they are taking the argument to a whole new level by bringing up disrespectful comments about family members. Due to the argument’s persistence and strong aspects of player disrespect, every arguing member is to be temporarily muted. If they are to evade their mute or continue to argue after their mute has expired, they are to be punished more severely (A temp-ban, perm mute, etc…).

Q14) A player calls you a trash, useless, and a stupid staff member, how would you react to this?
This happens to every staff member everywhere at times, and this is not something to take personally. When a player disrespects a staff member, players will most likely back up the staff member and the argument will most likely diffuse itself. The staff member should also say something similar to, “If you have a problem with how I handle things as a staff member, feel free to contact a manager.” Every player involved should be verbally warned for both the disrespect and the players arguing, so the one who is supposed to be punished won’t retaliate more than they already have, and won’t feel singled out even if they should be. Hopefully, that would be the end of it. If the disrespect does not resolve by itself and they keep pestering the staff member, they are to be temporarily muted for server/staff disrespect. If this occurs again, they are to be muted even longer. If they are to evade their mute or continue to argue after their mute has expired, they are to be punished more severely (A temp-ban, perm mute, etc…).

Q15) Your best mate has just come on to Vulcan using a hacked client. They jump down into PVP and start using Kill Aura. You have evidence of them hacking, but they are your best mate. What will you do?
Every player, regardless of one’s tie to them, is to be banned for using Blacklisted Modifications. A staff who would be willing to spare their best mate should be demoted for abusing their power. No staff can have a biased opinion, and having one in a situation like this should lead to a demotion. A hacker is a hacker, regardless of how well you know them. If the friend apologizes, you can forgive them, but you can’t unban them. If they are to keep pestering staff via Discord or Forums without properly appealing, they are to be banned from the Discord and Forums as well. That is if they haven’t been already blacklisted from the entirety of the network.

The rest of this application (Part D) will be posted as the second comment of this thread.

ChipsPlayz

ChipsPlayz
ChipsPlayz
Reactions
6 0 0
Continued from the end of Part C.

Part D- Agreements: Please answer these with a Yes.

A1) During your application process, if you ask a staff member about your application, it will result in an automatic denial. Do you agree to this?
Yes, I understand that if I ask a staff member to look at my application, I will be instantly denied. This is important because biased or false information is never welcome on an application. If a staff member recommends something for the applicant, then the information would no longer pertain to the applicant, but rather the staff member. This is of paramount importance because staff who decide on acceptance need to know the true qualities of the member applying.

A2) If your application gets denied, you are not to argue with the decision made by staff, and instead you should take it upon yourself to improve the areas you failed/lacked in. If you do argue with the staff decision, we will refuse to consider any of your future applications. Do you agree to this?
Yes, I agree not to argue with the decision of a staff member if my application is to be denied. If an applicant still needs to improve on a crucial area, they do not deserve the position of staff. For example, if an applicant does not have previous experience, they may be denied and they should go out and work for an indie server before reapplying.

A3) If you fail the One week Trainee period, or you get demoted at any point during your staff time, you shall not argue with the staff decision, and if you do it will lead to a refusal to consider any future applications. Do you agree to this?
Yes, I agree not to argue with the decision of a staff member if a demotion was to occur, but instead take on the responsibility of improving in that area. This is important because the team at Vulcan wants mature, trustworthy, and kind staff on their team, Staff that do not argue tend to be more understanding and kind. If a staff still needs to improve on a crucial area, they do not deserve the position of staff. For example, if a Trainee is to be demoted for inactivity, they don’t deserve the position of staff because they didn’t prove to the management team that they can be active once their training period is complete. If they had the opportunity to apply again, they would be reevaluated while their application is pending to prove that they deserve a second chance. If that was the only reason that they were demoted and that was fixed, they have every right to apply for staff again.

A4) If your application is denied, you must wait until the next application season before applying again. Do you agree to this?
Yes, I agree to wait until the next application season if I was to apply. This is important because applications are denied for crucial reasons that would need to be edited and changed about the applicant before they apply again. Changing crucial details take time, and the current on and off months of accepting staff application submissions allow for the player to really “think before they speak” again.

Thank you so much to every person who has taken the time to read my application! I hope you consider me worthy for this position at a community that I admire so much. Feel free to leave feedback as that helps me out a ton! Have a good one!

Cheers,
Chips

Thingz

Space Enthusiast
Mod
Reactions
27 0 0
Your detail was really good, you were staff on TSMC but later took of the team. Your application was great! But unfortunately my past experience with you wasn’t very positive.

ChipsPlayz

ChipsPlayz
ChipsPlayz
Reactions
6 0 0
Your detail was really good, you were staff on TSMC but later took of the team. Your application was great! But unfortunately my past experience with you wasn’t very positive.
I'm sorry to hear that our past experiences together wen't as amazing as they were for me. I hope your opinion of me changes if I was to work with you again. Thank you for your feedback, it means a ton! (y)

Reactions
6 0 1
Thank you for applying for the position of Trainee. It seems like you have good experience and knowledge of being a staff member. Your application was thorough and detailed which stood out to me among the others. Other than possible issues with current staff (mentioned above by Thingz) you seem pretty fit for the position. I wish you good luck on your application. :)
-Miner

astronomized

Hubble Admirer
Admin
astronomized
astronomized
Reactions
23 0 0
Hello,

I'd like to say a few things about your application, and give my thoughts as to the state of you, the applicant. In this review, I will attempt to stay as unbiased as possible throughout. Keep in mind that in certain portions of this review where I mention my past experience with you, it may shift closer to an opinion based one, as recounting how well you worked with someone in the past tends to be.

Let's begin!

ChipsPlayz Application Review:

- Detail and Content:
This application is filled with various forms of detailed descriptions and situations. You successfully leveraged your descriptions and imagery within the sentences, allowing me, and anyone else reading this, to "step into your shoes" and understand what you have experienced as well as how you learned from those experiences.

Although your application is very descriptive and contains a massive amount of detail, it's possible for an applicant to use an overflow of this and thus lead off the reviewer from the original purpose of the application. I understand that in most if not all cases, one should include as much information about themselves/their experiences, but I'm just giving you a heads up that too much of this can distract the reviewer from the main idea of the application, and I have seen this happen in the past.

- Formatting and Organization:
You have made it incredibly easy for me to keep a good pace throughout reading this application, as it contains appropriate labels, visual distinctions between section titles and questions, color coding, and most importantly, spacing between unrelated groups of text.

- Grammar:
As far as I can tell, you used proper grammar and correct sentence structure in most places. In addition, I couldn't find any spelling mistakes, and that is impressive considering I have a knack for finding them with relative ease.

- Past Experience:
The instances of past experience that you have written in your application suggest that you have at least intermediate knowledge of how to utilize the role of being a staff member, and how to appropriately deal with various situations at many levels of difficulty.

- Here is my bit on the short time I worked with you on TheSquadMC:
When you worked on the Squad, I had been adjusting to my once recent promotion to Senior Moderator. You got accepted as a Trainee, then soon after promoted to the Chat-Mod position. During this period, you performed well and played a big role in the area you were expected to focus on - moderating the chat and answering players' questions.

At one point or another, a series of incidents caused escalated tensions and led to you leaving the team. Again, I will try to stay as unbiased as possible and proceed to say that it won't affect what I think about you or the application.

- Conclusion:
Well done! Your application was thorough and detailed, and I was impressed by not only your seemingly professional and mature attitude toward all of this, but how confident and prepared you are for this position. Other great features of this application are, Grammar, Format, and Experience.

Once again, you did a fantastic job on this application! I look forward to what will come in the future, and how this will play out. Great work and good luck!

- 8.5/10

Reactions
23 0 1
Hey chips!
I have known you for a pretty long time , i have been in a call with you mutiple times,
You spread out positivity, it would be a pleasure seeing you in the staff team
Thank you
Good luck :D

ChipsPlayz

ChipsPlayz
ChipsPlayz
Reactions
6 0 0
@astronomized @iJackpot @Minerfortyminer

Thank you all so much for your feedback! I understand that my application is a little long, but I truly think it reflects who I am as a player. I don't think there will be tension among myself and other staff members, but I understand the fact that it was brought up. :)

IQ9

Reactions
8 1 0
This application was very well written. The amount of detail was amazing! I feel like you have had good past experiences with staffing, and if there ever was any issues in the past with people, I'm sure that you guys could set things right! I love the color choice on this as well. It is appealing, and not blinding, to the eye. I see you enjoy writing a lot, as one can tell by your Part D answers :ROFLMAO: I feel this proves you are mature in age, education, and are good at communicating with other players which is very well needed. This application had time and effort poured into it, and I bet it is going to pay off;) Best of luck!! ~IQ

ChipsPlayz

ChipsPlayz
ChipsPlayz
Reactions
6 0 0
Application UPDATE:

Hey Vulcaneers,

I have been busy lately doing some background work with another server, which has been resolved. I apologize that I was incredibly inactive, but I am officially back. I didn’t expect to need to bring it up at all, but the process of leaving a staff team takes longer than I expected.

As of two days ago, I have resigned from the TacoShack Support Team, so I am now officially ready to devote all of my time while gaming to Vulcan.

I once again apologize for realizing that resignation takes time. Taking time comes inactivity, and I should of stated this in my initial application.

I assure you it won’t happen again.
See you around the server!

Cheers,
Chips

Last edited:

Chaotic Mind

Crazy pone
Sr Mod
Reactions
3 0 0
I say with this update and everything else you would be a good consideration for the team if last minute apps are still being looked at. The detail and your level of experience makes mine look like nothing.

9/10

ChipsPlayz

ChipsPlayz
ChipsPlayz
Reactions
6 0 0
I say with this update and everything else you would be a good consideration for the team if last minute apps are still being looked at. The detail and your level of experience makes mine look like nothing.

9/10
Thank you so much for your feedback, Chaotic! I am aware that my application was submitted on the last day of the application season, making it relatively last minute, but thankfully not late, which the other pending applicants unfortunately were. I appreciate the fact that you believe my experience is enough, because I truly think that as well. I am aware that I put tons of detail into my application, but I'm glad I didn't sway too off-topic for my character count, which can tend to happen.

Thanks again for your input, and I'll see you around the server.

Cheers,
Chips

xZevboom1

Reactions
0 0 0
Hey chips ive known you from TSMC and you were a great staff there. Wish you luck on staff here :)

Reactions
20 0 0
Hi Chips, your application is terrific and your activity on the network commendable. However, due to previous incidences on other networks the management team is not fully comfortable with making you staff at this time. I would encourage you to continue to stay active in the community and reapply during the May application period.

Status
Not open for further replies.