Accepted BallisticBoi's Staff Application

Part A

Q1) What is your IGN? BallisticBoi

Q2) What is your Discord IGN (with tag)? Ballistic#0977

Q3) How old are you? 14

Q4) What timezone are you in? UTC+12:00

Q5) Do you have a working mic? Yes

Q6) How long have you been a part of our server? Since 3 weeks before release. But I have been working with Constructorleo and other staff members since 2015.

Part B

Q7) Are you currently staff on any other servers? No

Q8) Do you have any previous staffing experience, if so, what? My prior experiences aren't much but still in my mind viable. I was a Helper in late April slowly following that I went to Moderator, this was my moderator experience on ominati.mymc.io and at its peak, it was seeing 20-50 people a day. I have good patience and even though I'm not a very old I am extremely mature. I have the experience and skill of being able to help others. I think this is a significant reason in my experience with these servers and others servers. I also have been a helper on other servers like mc.ihtfp.us for a brief time then took a resignation. I have also had helper and trainee experience on The-ingot.com, When I was helper the server was reaching 20-30 players a day. When I was trainee there were times it reached 100-125+. I was also a Mod on The-Squad, Which reached over 300 players. I resigned from there to focus on school but I am back. I was also staff on VCPrison where I was promoted to helper then mod. These are my reasoning's for my experience and I hope the proof I provided is enough to persuade whoever reads this.

Q9) How many hours can you contribute per day? 2-9 because I am on school holidays now.

Q10) Have you had any punishments while playing on VulcanMC? If so, when and what were they? I was punished for Swear Filter bypass because I was given speed 10 by leo and ran into pvp and lost all my hand crafted gear

Q11) Why do you want to become a Trainee on VulcanMC? I believe you should accept me because I have the natural ability to help. I can stay calm and collected when someone acts up / makes the situation more complex than it should’ve been. I have a sort of, talent when it comes to helping people. It just feels natural to me helping someone who is in need. I have the ability to learn and improve when needed, which is a good skill to have. With my ability to learn and improve brings new opportunities for me to experience. Therefore bettering my knowledge and skills towards the community and role I am given, which is a plus. I already try in any way I can to be a helpful and friendly member of this great community. If I don't get accepted I wouldn't mind, it means there's someone else worthier than me, I'de be more than happy to know there's someone more qualified than me that will join the staff team to improve this server.

Q12) Why do you stand out to other applicants? I believe that giving me the opportunity to become staff on this server will benefit you and I greatly. I would like to be staff because I know that I can provide a fun and relaxing environment that players enjoy. I believe that I can provide an environment that is entertaining for both new and seasoned players. Being young gives me the ability to have fun while doing a job which is always good because it brings a fun vibe towards the server. New players are always welcomed and I make it my job to make sure they feel welcome and that they start their journey off right on the server. I can bring a calm presence to the server which I believe is key to making players feel welcome. I can bring maturity to the team and responsibility. I can provide a fun and relaxing environment that players enjoy.

Part C- Scenarios

Q13) You are on the server and the only staff member online, multiple players begin disrespecting each other, swearing and insulting each others mothers, how do you defuse the situation? I would start by calming down both players, preventing any further arguments. I would then message both players, to see what started this argument. I would then remind them that Vulcan is a place for friends to play and work together, not to fight. I would then screen shot the chat for proof and send it to higher up staff to dispute punishments if I don't have the permissions. If I did I would punish them in the following order, For their first offence I would verbally warn both of them and then clear the chat if I had the permissions. If they then proceeded to break the rules again I would hand out their second punishments, which would be a warning for both players. If they then continued I would hand out their third punishment, I would mute depending on the what the amount of time on the staff guide says to mute for.

Q14) A player calls you a trash, useless and a stupid staff member, how would you react to this? I would simply say, If you have a problem with me please make a complaint to a staff manager on discord or the forums, Please stay respectful to both players and staff as that is a rule here on Vulcan. If you are unfamiliar with the rules please feel free to read them in /rules or on the forums. If they continue to be disrespectful towards me and other players, I would screenshot it and report them to a higher up staff member so the situation can be handled appropriately.

Q15) Your best mate has just come on to Vulcan using a hacked client. They jump down into PVP and start using Kill Aura. You have evidence of them hacking, but they are your best mate. What will you do? In my opinion, Everybody is the same. They all should be treated the same, I would then report them to a higher up staff member who could punish the player accordingly. Even if they are my best friend or even mother, rules are still rules. They deserve to be punished because they are ruining the game for others, Which is not tolerated on Vulcan. I would punish them accordingly, as they are giving themselves a unfair advantage over others. Which takes the fun out of playing, for any player who has a disadvantage against someone who is hacking.

Part D- Agreements: Please answer these with a Yes.

A1) During your application process, if you ask a staff member about your application, it will result in an automatic denial. Do you agree to this? Yes

A2) If your application gets denied, you are not to argue with the decision made by staff, and instead you should take it upon yourself to improve the areas you failed/lacked in. If you do argue with the staff decision, we will refuse to consider any of your future applications. Do you agree to this? Yes

A3) If you fail the One week Trainee period, or you get demoted at any point during your staff time, you shall not argue with the staff decision, and if you do it will lead to a refusal to consider any future applications. Do you agree to this? Yes

A4) If your application is denied, you must wait until the next application season before applying again. Do you agree to this? Yes

Last edited:

astronomized

Hubble Admirer
Admin
Astronomized
Astronomized
Administrator
Thank you for applying for the Trainee position at VulcanMC! I had taken a look at this before the beginning of the first application season, but decided it's finally time to put in a review. Let's start by addressing a few key points, followed by the overall verdict.

Format - 9/10 - An organized and color-coded application is something that I wish more applicants used. All the tools are there, but few recognize the near-unlimited potential that the toolbar gives you when it comes to design. You managed to sort and arrange all of your responses to specified questions neatly and efficiently, and it allows me, and anyone else reading it, to know exactly where they are in the application, while also allowing the text to be that much clearer and easier to read and analyze.

Detail - 7/10 - While in the first half of the application you included an immense amount of detail and explanation, the second half is less so. There could be more content or explanation in all of the responses in Part C, as I believe there is much more that you can evaluate on when it comes to assessing situations, and it's not always a simple step-by-step process, like most would believe. I will give credit where it is due, and say that you did go the extra mile to form very clean and formal responses throughout your application. You get extra points for that.

Maturity - 8/10 - There isn't much to be said here, besides that you acted professional in most of your responses, and there wasn't much opinion-based information or discussion, which I appreciate.

Grammar/Professional Writing Style - 8/10 - I found few to no errors in grammar, sentence structure, or spelling. Wonderful job on that! You included descriptive language throughout your application, and clear, easy-to-read sentences. This goes a long way when trying to impress whoever reviews this application.

Verdict - Again, you did a fantastic job on this application! In most areas, you met or exceeded the requirements, although I believe it fell short in some aspects. If you improve on what I stated in my critiques, I will consider rasing my score.

- astronomized

- 8/10 [An average of the above scores.]

Last edited:

JoJo

Uxmb
Uxmb
Part A

Q1) What is your IGN? BallisticBoi

Q2) What is your Discord IGN (with tag)? Ballistic#0977

Q3) How old are you? 14

Q4) What timezone are you in? UTC+12:00

Q5) Do you have a working mic? Yes

Q6) How long have you been a part of our server? Since 3 weeks before release. But I have been working with Constructorleo and other staff members since 2015.

Part B

Q7) Are you currently staff on any other servers? No

Q8) Do you have any previous staffing experience, if so, what? My prior experiences aren't much but still in my mind viable. I was a Helper in late April slowly following that I went to Moderator, this was my moderator experience on ominati.mymc.io and at its peak, it was seeing 20-50 people a day. I have good patience and even though I'm not a very old I am extremely mature. I have the experience and skill of being able to help others. I think this is a significant reason in my experience with these servers and others servers. I also have been a helper on other servers like mc.ihtfp.us for a brief time then took a resignation. I have also had helper and trainee experience on The-ingot.com, When I was helper the server was reaching 20-30 players a day. When I was trainee there were times it reached 100-125+. I was also a Mod on The-Squad, Which reached over 300 players. I resigned from there to focus on school but I am back. I was also staff on VCPrison where I was promoted to helper then mod. These are my reasoning's for my experience and I hope the proof I provided is enough to persuade whoever reads this.

Q9) How many hours can you contribute per day? 2-9 because I am on school holidays now.

Q10) Have you had any punishments while playing on VulcanMC? If so, when and what were they? I was punished for Swear Filter bypass because I was given speed 10 by leo and ran into pvp and lost all my hand crafted gear

Q11) Why do you want to become a Trainee on VulcanMC? I believe you should accept me because I have the natural ability to help. I can stay calm and collected when someone acts up / makes the situation more complex than it should’ve been. I have a sort of, talent when it comes to helping people. It just feels natural to me helping someone who is in need. I have the ability to learn and improve when needed, which is a good skill to have. With my ability to learn and improve brings new opportunities for me to experience. Therefore bettering my knowledge and skills towards the community and role I am given, which is a plus. I already try in any way I can to be a helpful and friendly member of this great community. If I don't get accepted I wouldn't mind, it means there's someone else worthier than me, I'de be more than happy to know there's someone more qualified than me that will join the staff team to improve this server.

Q12) Why do you stand out to other applicants? I believe that giving me the opportunity to become staff on this server will benefit you and I greatly. I would like to be staff because I know that I can provide a fun and relaxing environment that players enjoy. I believe that I can provide an environment that is entertaining for both new and seasoned players. Being young gives me the ability to have fun while doing a job which is always good because it brings a fun vibe towards the server. New players are always welcomed and I make it my job to make sure they feel welcome and that they start their journey off right on the server. I can bring a calm presence to the server which I believe is key to making players feel welcome. I can bring maturity to the team and responsibility. I can provide a fun and relaxing environment that players enjoy.

Part C- Scenarios

Q13) You are on the server and the only staff member online, multiple players begin disrespecting each other, swearing and insulting each others mothers, how do you defuse the situation? I would dispute punishments in the following order, For their first offence I would verbally warn both of them and then clear the chat if I had the permissions. If they then proceeded to break the rules again I would hand out their second punishments, which would be a warning for both players. If they then continued I would hand out their third punishment, I would mute depending on the what the amount of time on the staff guide says to mute for.

Q14) A player calls you a trash, useless and a stupid staff member, how would you react to this? I would simply say, If you have a problem with me please make a complaint to a staff manager on discord or the forums, Please stay respectful to both players and staff as that is a rule here on Vulcan. If you are unfamiliar with the rules please feel free to read them in /rules or on the forums.

Q15) Your best mate has just come on to Vulcan using a hacked client. They jump down into PVP and start using Kill Aura. You have evidence of them hacking, but they are your best mate. What will you do? In my opinion, Everybody is the same. They all should be treated the same, I would punish the player accordingly. Even if they are my best friend or even mother, rules are still rules. They deserve to be punished because they are ruining the game for others, Which is not tolerated on Vulcan.

Part D- Agreements: Please answer these with a Yes.

A1) During your application process, if you ask a staff member about your application, it will result in an automatic denial. Do you agree to this? Yes

A2) If your application gets denied, you are not to argue with the decision made by staff, and instead you should take it upon yourself to improve the areas you failed/lacked in. If you do argue with the staff decision, we will refuse to consider any of your future applications. Do you agree to this? Yes

A3) If you fail the One week Trainee period, or you get demoted at any point during your staff time, you shall not argue with the staff decision, and if you do it will lead to a refusal to consider any future applications. Do you agree to this? Yes

A4) If your application is denied, you must wait until the next application season before applying again. Do you agree to this? Yes
I would highly agree with astronomized. I believe you'll play a big role on the staff team to help make VulcanMC a better place to play on. I would say you should add a bit more detail, the application is perfect other than that in my opinion and you should be accepted for sure! 9/10 my guy! :)

astronomized

Hubble Admirer
Admin
Astronomized
Astronomized
Administrator
Update - After looking over what you have added to the responses in Section C of your application, I've decided to add a point to the Detail portion of my review. Also, the four-point scoring system from my original review is going to be simplified as of this post. Therefore, that point I added will now contribute to the score as a whole, and as one ratio instead of four averaged into one. The total score is now 9/10. Great work and good luck!

- astronomized

Last edited:

Thingz

Space Enthusiast
Mod
Hey!

First off, my opinion on this application is on the good side (so don’t worry).

Pros:
Very informative

Experienced enough

Gets straight to the point in a lot of ways

Cons:
Not really any :D

+1

mature...yeah right

Just kidding, your application is almost perfect! The only thing that staff would have for doubt is your pinsihment, though, but you are one of the best choices for staff here! Good luck Squiddy <3

Hello, BallisticBoi!

I read through your application thoroughly, and I would like to share some constructive feedback.

Organization - 8/10
Fantastic organization. I really like the fact you organized the text using different colours! I don't see that too often. You answered all the questions in a professional manner! Great work!

Grammar - 9.5/10
Fantastic grammar! I believe I only found 1 or 2 errors. There are very, very little grammar mistakes and no spelling mistakes whatsoever. Impeccable job!

Experience - 7.5/10
I would say that you are pretty experienced and know what a good staff member does. You seem like you'd be very fit for the job considering the reasonable amounts of experience you have.

Detail - 9/10
One of the most important parts of a staff application is the detail and, boy, do you have a lot of it. It is very professional when you can write that much and make it very detailed. It could still use a little bit of detail, that's why it's not a 10/10. Still impressive, though.

Overall - 8.5/10
Calculated the average of your scores, and got 8.5/10. Good job, Ballistic! I've known you since the early days of The-Ingot and I'm glad I met you. I remember when you applied for staff there, too. Great to see you again, and best wishes for your application! The VulcanMC staff team would be very lucky to have someone like you!

Cheers,
Kibi

Sky

Vouch!

I've worked with ballistic on multiple other servers. He is an extremely hard worker, and knows how to handle difficult situations when it concerns a player. Highly recommend.

Also good application :)

Thanks Sky!

I have enjoyed working with your in the past and hope to work with you again!

Have a good day

Ballistic

Hey Ballistic thank you for applying for the position of Trainee. (Sorry for the late response.) Overall your application seems very well done and you sound like a very good candidate for staff here on VulcanMC. Many have recommended you, your application was stellar and you seem like a kind and mature person. Based on the responses above and my own thoughts after reading your application, I would say you are very fit for this role. I wish you the the best on your application. :)
-Miner

IQ9

Hey man! So glad you applied for this role! I feel like you have so much potential. You understand the server, the players, and have been around with one of the current owners since 2015. I do feel like there are some things you could change, grammar and format-wise, but those are not big at all. I think you would be really fit for this role, not only because you seem mature, but I've seen you on the server, helping people, having fun with the community, and just being a positive person to represent it. I will give you a +1 on this application, you should be proud :)