Denied _Diving_Maniac_ Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Format
(format is the new one as imposed by UltraColor. The main sections are listed by the Bold lines)
IGN (Please include a namemc link):
_Diving_Maniac_ (nameMC: https://namemc.com/profile/_Diving_Maniac_.1 )
Discord (Name & #tag):
_Diving_Maniac_#2415
Timezone:
EST (UTC -4)
Do you have any past or current moderation experiences?:
besides hosting my own minecraft server for a short time, no (the server never grew beyond about 5 players)
How many hours a day can you commit to staffing on VulcanMC?:
On average most of my Minecraft time is spent on the server. This can range from 2 hours to a majority of the day (10-12 hours, maybe?)
Why do you want to be staff on VulcanMC?:
As a veteran of both Vulcan AND the predecessor TSMC, I have seen it all when it comes to the Vulcan community. I saw the bugs, the scuffed releases (rip sb s2), and all the toxic players on the server (also the bot raid of s1; we don't talk about that though). I have been the close friend on former staff WolfCrafted, and due to him retiring due to his mental health being but at an unstable point, I wish to honor that by both giving him a chance to mentally recover and also because I wish to do the same job he dedicated himself to. Not to mention a majority of the staff lately are admin+, I feel like if I am worthy I would be a decent addition to the staff team; and we would get a bit more color diversity in chat beyond red when staff are online :p
I also applied at the same time as Wolf; which was also when the server was smaller. I wasn't accepted, which makes a lot of sense when Wolf was the obvious choice when he had worked with the community before (TSMC mod) and had the single nicest personality of the server. As because my confidence has been rising and rising over the course of the last few months, I feel more and more like I should put that confidence to good use by helping out other members of the community I am so deeply entwined within.
Why should we choose you over others?:
As I have said before, I am a senior member of the server. I have not received punishments larger than a warning and my last warning was back during skyblock season 1 (I think, It's been so long I forget). I have been one of the players who help out people when they can especially when staff aren t online, I know many of the staff very well so issues with chemistry shouldn't be an issue, and I rarely, if at all, express my anger in ways other than logical reasoning and stern "please don't ---"s. Any personal feelings and biases I put away when dealing with major issues, and I travel around a lot; not sticking to a single place like skyblock (meaning I can assist just as well in prison without complaints when issues arise). I have good understandings of how servers operate and function, I don't exploit in any ways, and do my best whenever I play on the server. I have good experience with building too, so you can rely on me to be there whenever things need built for the server too. All character flaws I have I do my best to keep unrelated whenever I socialize in chat, and when people get offensive rather than take action, I request for the offensive statements to end, then if they don't, I ignore the player's comments.
Do you pledge to not argue over the result of your application, and rather take it as constructive feedback?:
I, _Diving_Maniac_/Karugaya, pledge to not argue over the decision of whether my application is accepted or denied. I will utilize the feedback obtained to improve myself for the future.

Last edited:
This application is really good, _Diving_Maniac_! Just to make your organisation better, maybe making the questions a different colour to your answers would be useful as it allows them to be more visible. Another thing is to put spaces between each question. This will make your application look a lot better. It's currently a 6.5/10 for me! Best of luck!

This application is really good, _Diving_Maniac_! Just to make your organisation better, maybe making the questions a different colour to your answers would be useful as it allows them to be more visible. Another thing is to put spaces between each question. This will make your application look a lot better. It's currently a 6.5/10 for me! Best of luck!
Thank you for your advice. Organization is something you won't be able to figure out how to improve until you learn deeper levels of the skill, and I won't end up changing the colors; it's not professional and your other tip of spacing it out does that regardless. I will add spacing to make each part more easy to identify.
However, I feel like 6.5 was a little low for 3 smaller nitpicks. Is there other tips that you have? I always look to improve.
Also, thank you Kowlin for the same advice of spacing out the questions from answers like Waffle recommended.

Thank you for your advice. Organization is something you won't be able to figure out how to improve until you learn deeper levels of the skill, and I won't end up changing the colors; it's not professional and your other tip of spacing it out does that regardless. I will add spacing to make each part more easy to identify.
However, I feel like 6.5 was a little low for 3 smaller nitpicks. Is there other tips that you have? I always look to improve.
Also, thank you Kowlin for the same advice of spacing out the questions from answers like Waffle recommended.
Sorry for the low score, I wasn't thinking straight. It's about a 7. However, if you are putting the questions is the middle, I would recommend the same for the answers. GOOD LUCK.

Sorry for the low score, I wasn't thinking straight. It's about a 7. However, if you are putting the questions is the middle, I would recommend the same for the answers. GOOD LUCK.
Hey, we all have those times, don't worry. I wasn't calling you out for anything; merely asking if you had more was for me to improve. I will not be making everything else centered, as the point of centering was to make the questions easily distinguishable from the answers. Thank you for the recommendation however!

Last edited:

Mishalio

Ghost Buster
Admin
Mishalio
Mishalio
Administrator
Hi Diving!
I've seen you very active in-game and you've always been kind and helpful to players as well as really involved in helping us out from your own initiative (especially for events). I am glad you took interest in joining the staff team and I am sure you would be a really good staff.

Your application is really good to me, and I wish you the best of luck in being accepted!

Hi Diving!
I've seen you very active in-game and you've always been kind and helpful to players as well as really involved in helping us out from your own initiative (especially for events). I am glad you took interest in joining the staff team and I am sure you would be a really good staff.

Your application is really good to me, and I wish you the best of luck in being accepted!
Thanks for the words of support Mish! I appreciate them :)

pause

pause
Manager
Hello Diving! Myself and a few other Members from management talked, and unfortunately we are going to have to deny your application. Please wait 2 weeks to re-apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.